Sports Premium Funding
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school Headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Each school will receive funding based on the school roll - here at Hinckley Parks that will mean £9,500 solely for developing the quality of Physical education in school. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Why do we have the funding?
Our school will have the opportunity to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, our aim is to create a legacy for our school for future years in increasing participation and the quality of Physical Education within school.
At Hinckley Parks Primary School we recognise the value of PE to the health and well-being of the children both physically and mentally. In addition, it is considered that an innovative, varied and well balanced PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities can have a positive impact on the pupils’ concentration, attitude and academic achievement.
How will we use the funding?
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE (Gymnastics/Dance).
- Participating in County games.
- Ensure the school has sports teams and is an active participate in interschool matches.
- To ensure that all pupils have access to sporting opportunities.
- To promote and reward sporting effort and achievements.
- Accessing quality assured professional development modules for staff.
- Purchase of new equipment.
- Subsidise afterschool sports clubs.